17/06/2013

Spray Paint Workshop at Punjab University in Pakistan

During my time in Pakistan, I was lucky enough to give a lecture and workshop series at Punjab Universities College of Art and Design. After living in the country for sometime I had the impression that these were the first of their kind there.

Punjab University MFA students
The two part workshop was entitled 'Aerosol as a New Medium and Art in the Public Space'. At first I was unsure as to what kind of reaction something so new to this part of the world would draw from the College's MFA students. By the second day, I was happy to see that most were engaged and excited.

The majority of the students were studying to paint oils and Persian miniatures. The fast pace and free movement of spray paint seemed to be liberating for some of them.

I plan to present my experience at the College in more detail later. But for the moment, above is a photo of a few of the students with their work.