08/06/2009

Hood Times

I recently have been looking at some old photo's from around five years ago now. It's so interesting looking back to see how much some things have changed and how others, you simply view differently.
Vocal- My first of many trips to Melbourne with Rusto, Penny and Ben. We met up with Que and Monica there. For my former younger self, this was a great holiday :)

Some summer drain time with Rusto and Que.

Vokal- This was painted the morning after one of those famous nights where Sekt spoiled our fun. Skale and I were busy stealing some last drinks off a bongo band that was playing (I was rocking out extra hard in order to distract them haha). Afterwards we found Sekt very drunk and head first in a pot plant. He had quite a lot of blood coming from his eye brow. Skale and I carried him from Newtown to Redfern. Still too drunk to walk, he then broke off a part from Roach's T.V. and attempted to fly swat him with it. Way to burn some bridges.
My second trip to Melbourne. Trackside with Pilfer and Piker.
Vocal- painted for Your Home, a fund raising event at the Abacrombe Hotel.

Character by Daks
Arme Rusto and Penny on the way to Melbourne. (Rusto's moptop has sadly disappeared. He no longer looks like Animal from the Muppets :)

Ben
Back in Sydney, a large group of us used to come to this gallery, China Heights, almost every Friday night for art and beer.
We would then normally walk up the road... and air guitar.
That's it for now. I certainly do feel things have changed over the last five years, it's amazing to see how things and people develop. Hopefully for those around me it's only upward.
Fin