05/04/2011

Live painting

A suprising amount of my time was taken up live painting. Swef invited me to do an event called Hoodwise in Bondi with him. It's always good to be asked to do something, but it doesn't make sense to avoid the truth that things didn't go well. To be honest I think my friend wanted help filling the space but then wanted to draw all over my portraits so they didn't overpower his little elephant. We stuck to painting together in aerosol after that, which is always a good time. Note the censored American Express shirt I was wearing.Around this time we were both also live painting for them through a small gallery in Melbourne. Overall I'm glad I've taken a break from that kind of commercial atmosphere do my own thing for a while.


Collaborating with Houl for the Mercy Sound Collective was more sucessful. Go catch the kid on his flickr and keep an eye out for things the Collective organise if you're in Sydney. If you didn't already know they're a non profit creative group and like to meet strangers; go be one of them.